Asafetida – A gum resin used food preservatives, fragrance and flavor. It is known as a traditional medicine for different ailments. Its antiviral properties are known to help fight the influenza A virus.
Here are the top 10 Health benefits of Asafetida:
– Due to the antibiotic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties of Asafetida, it works as a great respiratory disorder treatment. It can treat chest congestion, remove mucus buildup, coughs, colds, bronchitis, asthma and other respiratory disorders.
– The antispasmodic, anti-flatulent, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties can help alleviate stomach problems. It can treat indigestion, flatulence, dyspepsia intestinal worms, irritable bowel syndrome and stomach cramps. It is also known to treat symptoms of food poisoning.
– Soothe headaches with the help of Asafetida. The anti-inflammatory property of the resin can reduce the symptoms migraines and headaches.
Insect Bites and Stings
– Asafetida has been used in the insect repellant product. It can also be used for bee stings and insect bites.
– This gum resin is great for relieving menstrual cramps, heavy blood flow and irregular menstruation. Asafetida contains components that help increase progesterone in the female body. Progesterone lightens symptoms of PMS and irregular menstruation.
– Due to the antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nature of asafetida, using it to relieve tooth pain is highly effective. It can also treat dental issues and gum diseases.
Eases Ear Aches
– Relieve ear ache with the help of the antibiotic and anti-inflammatory property of asafetida.
Treats Colic Pain
– Lessen the symptoms of colic pain in babies with asafetida. Asafetida can soothe the mucous lining of the infant’s gastrointestinal tract. Before you treat the infant with asafetida make sure that he/she is suffering from gas not another illness. Your baby stomach will be bloated and tight if it has gas.
– Asafetida is a natural aphrodisiac, it can increase libido, cure impotency and treat erectile dysfunction. It can also be used to treat symptoms of certain sexually transmitted infections and disease.
Pregnant women, people who suffer from blood clots and people who are taking high blood pressure medication should not take asafetida. It can cause miscarriage and worsen present conditions.