It is important to keep our colon in tip top shape. The colon is a huge part of our digestive system. It takes out vitamins, salt and nutrients in indigestible food, eliminates the waste from the body and digest foods that was not digested by the small intestine. Making sure that the colon does its job is important. When your colon doesn’t function as it should your body will start taking in toxins that can lead to fatigue, constipation, headaches and illnesses. To make sure our colon works smoothly and properly we have to remove the toxins in it. That is why colon cleansing is important. There are a lot of colon cleansing procedures in the market, but if you prefer a natural colon cleanse that won’t affect the body read the list below.
Home Remedies for Colon Cleansing:
• Add a tablespoon of sea salt in a glass of drinking water.
• Boil this solution, drink it first thing in the morning. (cold or warm)
• Lay down after a few minutes after consumption and massage your stomach to your colon.
• This will help with regular bowel movements and detoxifying.
• Do this 5 times in a month. If suffering from a heart condition or high blood pressure do not do this cleanse.
• One of the best way to detoxify your body is through plenty of water. Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water a day to remove toxins and stimulate digestive function.
• If you get tired of water try fresh fruit juices.
• Lemon juice is a great for the digestive system and contains high amounts of antioxidants.
• Add lemon juice, honey and slat into a glass of water.
• Drink this mixture before breakfast.
• Regulate bowel movements with fresh, unfiltered apple juice in the morning.
• After half an hour drink a glass of water.
• Repeat this a few times a day for three days.
• While doing this cleanse avoid eating solid foods.
Raw Vegetable Juice
• Go on a raw vegetable juice cleanse.
• Avoid solid foods for 2 to 3 days and drink vegetable juice several times a day.
• This will help remove toxins in the body and help food break down.
• Fiber removes unwanted toxins in the colon. It also helps improve bowel movement and help with intestinal problems.
• Eat fiber rich foods like vegetables, nuts, whole grain, beans and fruits
• Avoid processed and fatty food.
• Flaxseed contains antioxidants, omega 3 and fibers to help improve digestive and colon function. Flax seed will also remove mucus and toxins in the colon.
• Add flaxseeds to your yogurt, cereal, soup, vegetable, fruit and other healthy foods.
• Go on a flaxseed cleanse by drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of ground flaxseed before breakfast and before bedtime.
• Yogurt is rich in good bacteria that keep the stomach and colon healthy.
• Yogurt helps in smooth bowel movements and protects you from inflammation in the bowels.
• Eat 2 cups of yogurt a day for a healthy digestive system.
• Ginger aids digestion and removes toxins in the body.
• Ginger can be taken raw or as a tea. Suck on a ginger before meals to help with colon cleansing.
• Do not do this if you are pregnant or have a serious medical condition.
• Aloe Vera improves colon health by treating constipation, gastric pain, skin infections and headache. It acts as a laxative and cleanse for the colon too.
• Add Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
• Refrigerate for two hours and enjoy!
• Drink this mixture 4 to 5 times a day for a few days of cleansing.
Always consult your doctor before trying out any colon cleansing procedures or programs. The doctor can give you the right actions and rules to getting the most out of your cleanse. If you suffer any health condition or require medication, talk to your doctor about the right colon cleanse for you.