If you are into healthy eating, you surely know by now how good mangsoteens are for you. Due to their impressive nutritional profile and amazing taste, they are dubbed as the queen of fruits. Did you know that the peel of mangosteen is also just as impressive as the juicy flesh of that fruit with deep-purple exteriors?
The fact is mangosteen peels are being sold in some parts of the world. The eye-catching coloration of those peels is a clear giveaway that they are loaded with powerful antioxidants, making it beneficial to the health in a lot of impressive ways. Some of those antioxidants which can be extracted from mangosteen peels are xanthones, organic compounds revered for their amazing anti-inflammatory properties.
Without further ado, here are 15 of the most noteworthy benefits offered by mangosteen peels:
1. They strengthen the immune system. Experts say that mangosteen peels can help bolster your immunity, making you less susceptible to colds, cough, flu and other infections and illnesses. A strong immune system also promotes faster recovery from a malady.
2. Mangosteen peels help ward off inflammation. Did you know that inflammation is something that’s associated with a staggering number of health problems? They range anywhere from diabetes to heart disease.
3. Consuming them helps eliminate excess pounds. There are plenty of weight loss pills in out midst, and majority of them do not work. What’s more, a lot of these products yield unfavorable side effects. Mangosteen peels have weight reducing properties without causing dangerous side effects.
4. Those peels are good for treating GERD. Thanks to their healing abilities, mangosteen peels are beneficial for individuals who are suffering from acid reflux and more importantly gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD.
5. Mangosteen peels help manage insulin resistance. According to studies, those peels help promote the proper utilization of sugar in the blood by the cells. Consuming them helps in lowering your chances of having diabetes. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels.
6. They are known to help lower bad cholesterol levels. Excessive bad cholesterol in the blood is not good for your heart. Traditional healers recommend mangosteen peels in regulating bad cholesterol levels.
7. They are also very good at lowering high blood pressure. Thanks to the ability of mangosteen peels to lower bad cholesterol as well as high blood pressure, your risk of having heart disease may be reduced.
8. Consuming them helps delay skin aging signs. Everyone knows that antioxidants are capable of slowing down the hands of time. If you want to remain looking young, consider using mangosteen peels as your all-natural anti-aging solution as they are loaded with powerful antioxidants.
9. Mangosteen peels protect your brain cells. The anti-aging effects of those peels are not only on the outside, but also on the inside. Several studies have shown that mangosteen peels are excellent at protecting the brain cells from degenerating, thus warding off the likes of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
10. They are good for your vision. The deep-purple color of mangosteen peels is a clear sign that they’re packed with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that’s converted by the body into vitamin A which is important for your eyes.
11. They help provide relief from the symptoms of arthritis. A lot of people swear by the effectiveness of mangosteen peels in dealing with arthritis. It doesn’t really come as a surprise because, just like what’s mentioned earlier, the peels of mangosteen have amazing anti-inflammatory properties.
12. You may use them to boost your fertility. Having a hard time being in the family way? Go see a fertility specialist. It’s also a good idea to consider using mangosteen peels to enjoy a healthier reproductive system.
13. Mangosteen peels promote better oral health. Those peels are known to be effective against toothaches. They are also ideal for individuals suffering from inflamed and bleeding gums.
14. They may help in warding off cancer. Because of the impressive amounts of antioxidants in mangosteen peels, they are said to be very good at lowering your chances of having cancer. It’s also partly due to their anti-inflammatory properties why they can help prevent cancer and many other diseases.
15. Those peels also help get rid of constipation. Thanks to the high fiber content of mangosteen peels, consuming them helps promote regular bowel movement. They are also being used for treating hemorrhoids.