What do you usually do to your overripe bananas? Throw it away? Make banana bread? Did you know that bananas when over ripped is healthiest? Overripe bananas can taste too mushy and unpleasant. Bananas that turn mushy are actually perfect for smoothies! It gives it a more creamy and rich texture. Avoid throwing away your overripe bananas by making them into these delicious smoothie recipes.
Silken Tofu, Banana and Berry Smoothie
This is a great recipe for those who don’t want to much calories or fat in their diet.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 3/4 cup silken tofu
- 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, optional, for more flavor and protein
Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until its smooth.
Banana Purple Berry Smoothie
Get your antioxidant refill with this berry packed smoothie.
- ½ of a frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ scoop of sugar-free vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup of nonfat milk
- Place the banana and blueberry in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend. If the smoothie becomes too thick add a tablespoon of milk or more.
Banana and Pineapple Smoothie
Get the flavors of summer with this tropical smoothie.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups ice cubes, about 12 cubes
- Peel the banana and cut it into chunks, place it in the blender with crushed or chopped pineapple and orange juice. Blend and make it smooth.
- Add ice and blend to make the tropical smoothie.
- If you want to lessen the acidity of your smoothie add some yogurt.
If your do not like using ice on your smoothie. Freeze your fruits and other ingredients on the fridge, then use it for your recipe.