Kick start your summer with this yummy and delicious pizza recipe! Summer is near and the days of pool parties and family get together are about to kick down your doors. Take your bikinis and your tanning lotions out and get ready for a fun filled summer. Summer won’t be complete with mouthwatering and healthy foods right? So what makes this recipe a summer dish? The recipe is really light on the stomach and the pears are a great refreshing twist to regular pizza.
White Chicken Naan Pizza with Sautéed Pears & Gorgonzola Recipe:
This recipe serves four people and will take 40 minutes to do. Twenty minutes for prep time and twenty minutes for cooking time.
- Pepper and Salt
- 1 pound of Ground Chicken Sausage
- 3 Tablespoons of flour (all-purpose)
- 2 whole Taylor Gold Pears, Cored and Sliced Thinly
- 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 Whole Wheat Naan 1 cup of Gorgonzola
- 1 pinch of Nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- Pre heat the oven to at least 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray on some oil or nonstick spray on two baking sheets.
- Open the stove to medium heat and place skillet
- Add olive oil to the skillet and cook chicken sausage. Sauté the chicken sausage until it is brown. Remove the sausage from the skillet and remove excess oil from the sausage and set aside.
- Use the skillet again, add 3 tablespoon of butter and let it melt. Whisk the flour in the butter. Wait until it is cooked.
- Cooked flour turns into roux. Use this roux and add nutmeg and milk. Mix until the sauce is condensed.
- Add some salt and pepper to the sauce and remove from heat. Serve this as the sauce to your pizza.
- Place two Naan breads on one baking sheet. Spread the white sauce on your Naan bread. Place the chicken sausage and sautéed pears on top of the sauce.
- Add one fourth cup mozzarella and gorgonzola on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat these processes to the 2 Naan breads.
This dish taste best when right out of the oven. Serve the Naan pizza right away and let your family or guest get a refreshing taste of summer.