There are various opinions on the topic of eating garlic before eating anything else. You’ve probably heard others saying this recipe of their grandmother’s don’t have any effect at all. Surprisingly, it does appear to be quite effective in preventing and curing various diseases.
Reasons Why You Should Eat Garlic while Your Stomach is Empty
Numerous studies on the garlic’s properties showed that consuming it while your stomach is empty actually transforms it into a powerful antibiotic. It becomes more effective when you take it before you have breakfast since the bacteria is exposed and defenseless.
Those with hypertension found garlic to alleviate the symptoms of this disease. Aside from helping with the circulation, it is also found to prevent heart issues and also enhances the function of the bladder and liver. Garlic is also handy when it comes to treating stomach illness such as diarrhea. There are some who claim that eating garlic before eating anything else alleviates nerve problems.
Also, garlic is useful when it comes to treating different problems in the stomach because it boosts appetite and digestion. It can also regulate stress which helps keep stomach acid at bay which is normally produced when you become nervous.
Garlic is actually known worldwide due its numerous benefits which is why it is considered as a healing food years ago.
Garlic as Alternative Medicine
As an alternative medicine, garlic is known for its detoxifying effects. Experts in this field claim that garlic is quite powerful that it can actually help eliminate worms and parasites, as well as prevent health problems such as diabetes, typhus, certain types of cancer, and depression.
There are two things that those with garlic allergy should keep in mind: avoid eating it raw, and if your skin breaks into rashes, your head starts to ache, or there is an increase in your temperature, to stop eating it immediately. There are studies that show garlic can cause side effects to those who are taking medication for AIDS/HIV. This is why you need to be cautious before you eat garlic.
If you can’t stand the strong aroma of garlic to the point that you can no longer eat it, you shouldn’t just stop consuming it because of that. You can still take it as supplement in the form of pills.
Additional Benefits of Garlic
- Garlic can treat respiratory problems. It has been found to help prevent and treat pneumonia, bronchitis, lung congestion, whooping cough, tuberculosis, catarrhs, chronic bronchial catarrhs, and asthma.
- Tuberculosis treatment: You should consume an entire garlic bulb in a day. You can divide the garlic into various portions so you can eat it in any way you like. It’s recommended to eat it raw or at least slightly browned in the oven. You can also create a sauce using oil and egg yolk. At this point, you shouldn’t boil the liquid because it will eliminate garlic’s medicinal properties.
- For bronchial diseases: Create your own infusion where you need 700 grams of refined sugar, 1000 grams of water, and 200 grams of garlic. Boil the water first with the garlic and add sugar. Take 3 tablespoons of this infusion every day.
- For chronic bronchitis: Prepare your own garlic extract. You will need 100 grams of 90 proof alcohol, 40 grams of garlic (well washed) and cut into tiny pieces, and a bottle with good cap. Combine the ingredients in the bottle and let the garlic soak for five to six days before straining. It is recommended that you drink a cup of it every day. This infusion can last a long time.
- Asthma and catarrhs: The same preparation can be done where you only need drink 15 to 30 drops of it in a hot water. Add mint extract to minimize the overpowering aroma of garlic. However, this can affect the healing powers of garlic.
- Garlic can be applied externally such as in poultice form over your abdomen to help fight colds. You can also apply to animal stings. Warts can be treated using garlic where they will fall off easily and without pain. Some place a little bit of garlic on their tooth that hurts to cure it.
- Garlic is also useful in treating earaches, hemorrhoids, and constipation. For hemorrhoids and constipation, you need to boil water first then add a good amount of garlic. Put your fresh infusion in a container where you can inhale the vapors until the water cools down. To treat earaches, simply get a bit of juice from a garlic clove and put 1 to 2 drops in your ear.
Keep in mind that there are plenty of benefits to be gained from eating garlic regularly. You can actually make your life healthier if you add garlic to your daily diet.