Yogurt is often associated with a healthy tummy or weight loss but did you know that you can use it as part of your beauty regimen? We all know that oatmeal and other fruits are good for the skin but so is yogurt because not only does it contain vitamin D, calcium, and protein but it also has lactic acid that can help remove dead skin cells so that new cells will be revealed. This means that yogurt is a good choice when it comes to exfoliating your skin as it is gentle and won’t irritate even sensitive skin.
What other benefits can you get from making a yogurt face mask? Here are some that are worth mentioning.
- It moisturizes the skin. Dull and dry skin can be prone to premature aging but not when you apply some yogurt on it. Even a simple yogurt face mask done three times a week can help revive your skin significantly. Don’t forget to wash your face first before applying yogurt on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse.
- It contains zinc. Another benefit of yogurt face mask is that it helps reduce inflammation on your skin. This is useful especially to those who are suffering from acne breakouts. What’s more, zinc has the ability to boost healing so any damage to your skin can be quickly replaced with healthy skin cells in no time.
- It can combat acne. Acne prone skin can be a source of discomfort but you can soothe the inflammation and pain away with the help of yogurt. Since yogurt contains anti-inflammatories as well as anti-fungal properties, the chances of acne breakout will be significantly lower compared to before.
- It makes your skin brighter. Like it was mentioned before, yogurt contains lactic acid which inhibits melanin production. Too much melanin present can make your skin darken which means that the more you use yogurt face mask, the lighter and brighter your skin tone will be.
- It provides relief from sunburn. If you’ve been out under the sun for too long, you’ve probably burned your skin already. A good remedy for this is to apply some yogurt on the affected skin. It is also a good idea to add a few drops of chamomile essential oil on a handful of creamy yogurt to help soothe your skin. Leave the mixture on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing.
- It prevents premature aging. It’s not really surprising that we are looking for ways to stop signs of aging from appearing but not many of us know how. A good place to start is to use yogurt face mask as it is known for its abilities to strengthen the skin, speeds up healing, and moisturizes the skin.
- It minimizes discoloration. Discoloration on our skin can make our skin tone uneven but with the help of yogurt face mask, you’ll be able to even out your skin tone thanks to its mild bleaching abilities. If you want to reduce discoloration, you should try using yogurt face mask regularly.
- It can prevent skin problems. Since yogurt contains anti-fungal properties, any bacteria that are growing on your skin will be eliminated and prevented from recurring. This means that you will have blemish free skin that you can flaunt all the time. Applying yogurt face mask on a regular basis can ensure that you will be able to maintain beautiful skin for a long time.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to use yogurt face mask as part of your beauty regimen. You might be surprised to find how beautiful and smooth your skin turns out with regular application.