Peanut butter is the perpetual go-to treat for individuals who wish to lose weight. Packed with protein and healthy oils, snacking on a tablespoon or two of it helps zap hunger in a really delectable and satisfying way. Baking your own peanut butter cookies is a wonderful way for you to enjoy peanut butter in a whole new different way.
Don’t get intimidated by it because creating peanut butter cookies with your own hands is actually much easier than it sounds. In fact, you only need to combine 3 ingredients! So simple that the recipe which will be presented below is perfect for adults and kids alike with near-zero baking skills. Without much effort, you can surprise everyone with yummy-smelling, freshly-baked peanut butter cookies!
Before we put the spotlight on the said recipe, let us first focus out undivided attention to the primary ingredient — peanut butter! If you’re not part of the small percentage of the population that has peanut allergy, go ahead and indulge in this creamy gem. That’s because peanut butter is:
- One of the foods on the planet that is so rich in niacin. Niacin is a mineral that can help reduce your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, according to studies.
- Capable of considerably lowering your chances of having heart disease, thanks to its healthy oils and fiber content. It also contains potassium that helps maintain normal blood pressure levels.
- Said to be very good in warding off colon cancer, again because of fiber in peanut butter that helps flush out cancer-causing toxins in the bowels.
- Very good at reducing your risk of having type 2 diabetes, according to a research that appeared in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- High in protein that you need for building and repairing muscles. Protein is also important for healthy cells, strong bones, beautiful skin and hair, and the production of certain hormones.
Now that you know some of the amazing reasons why peanut butter is good for you, let us now proceed with the very simple 3-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe. Without the addition of fancy ingredients and stuff that is usually found in mass-produced baked treats, you can be sure that what you will be munching on is healthy. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 175 °C or 350 °F.
- Grab a large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine your peanut butter, brown sugar and egg. Mix very well until smooth.
- Place spoonfuls of your dough neatly on the lined baking sheet. Flatten them a little with the back of your spoon.
- Stash the baking sheet with your peanut butter cookie dough in the oven.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the peanut butter cookies are almost brown.
That’s how trouble-free it is to bake healthy and mouth-watering peanut butter cookies! Peanut butter cookies are the perfect snacks as well as personal gifts during special occasions such as weddings and the Holidays.
Certainly, it’s a wonderful idea to opt for organic peanut butter. Is the price tag of organic peanut butter way beyond your shopping budget? Then go for the most all-natural peanut butter you can find at the supermarket that does not contain all sorts of unwanted ingredients. Also, make sure that it’s not packed with sodium!
Instead of brown sugar, you may use stevia which is a really popular healthy sugar substitute. Since stevia is several times sweeter than sugar, replace 1 cup of brown sugar with just a teaspoon of stevia powdered extract or liquid concentrate.
Enjoy your peanut butter cookie baking and don’t forget to share your experience!