Curry powder is made up of various ground herbs and spices. The exact contents depend on where you buy it. Some of them include cumin, garlic, caraway, red pepper, black pepper, cardamom, anise, clove and coriander. No matter where you purchase curry powder, one thing’s for sure: it contains turmeric. Without it, the blend simply wouldn’t be complete.
Aside from the fact that curry powder makes various Asian dishes taste phenomenal, it’s also something that offers a handful of health and beauty benefits. This well-known ingredient can actually outshine so many pricey dietary supplements and beauty products on the current market. Read on to know the various perks offered by curry powder inside and out.
- Strengthens the immune system – There are various spices in curry powder such as turmeric and red pepper that are known to help in boosting your body’s immunity against invading microorganisms like bacteria and viruses. Consuming dishes with curry powder in them can make you less likely to have a cold, cough, flu and others.
- Promotes a healthy digestion – The likes of cardamom, black pepper and anise are known to be effective against a handful of problems with the digestive system such as constipation, gas, indigestion and even hemorrhoids. Foods that are made zestier by curry powder also help stimulate the appetite.
- Helps ward off deadly cancer – Numerous studies have shown that the star ingredient of curry powder which is turmeric may help in preventing the development of cancer cells, as well as hamper their multiplication. Experts say that curry powder may effectively help ward off breast, prostate, skin and colon cancer.
- Provides relief from painful and swollen joints – Is your arthritis keeping you from carrying out your daily activities with much ease and comfort? Load up on dishes containing curry powder. Turmeric is known for its wonderful anti-inflammatory properties which can help in alleviating joint swelling and ultimately pain and stiffness too.
- Prevents dementia and Alzheimer’s – According to the experts, the formation of plaque in the brain may cause degenerative problems such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. While you’re still young, the consumption of foods containing curry powder may help prevent plaque formation in your brain.
- Relieves symptoms of the common cold – Troubled by the common cold’s various symptoms? Enjoy a meal with curry powder to enjoy instant relief. This popular spice helps open up the airways, allowing you to breathe with ease. It is also said that curry powder is very good at keeping the frequency of asthma attacks to a minimum.
- Helps even out skin tone – If you’re suffering from uneven skin tone, a very cheap way to obtain freedom from it is by applying curry powder with a few drops of water on darkened areas. A lot of women swear by the efficacy of this homemade solution for excessive skin pigmentation.
- Improves the appearance of aging signs – Something as simple as applying curry powder paste on your face may help make those fine lines and wrinkles look less noticeable. Turmeric in curry powder is known to help protect the skin from being damaged further by those harmful free radicals.
- Makes pimples go away quickly – There is no need for you to get your hands on an expensive anti-pimple solution just to get rid of those annoying blemishes. All you have to do is add a few drops of water to curry powder, mix and daub on problem spots. This solution will help in drying out pimples quickly.
- Promotes the reduction of weight – If you’re on the hunt for an all-natural slimming method, look no further than a bowl of healthy stew with curry powder in it. Various herbs and spices in it such as turmeric and red pepper are known to help speed up the metabolism, making the body burn more calories and fat.