You can have the perfect pout for a longer period if you wanted to. All you need to do is find the perfect spot to put your lipstick on and follow these tips to maintain your lips’ lusciousness.
1. Remember to consider what you’re going to do when going out before putting on your lipstick. When you and your friends are set to casual drinks or would be grabbing a bite before a big event, remember to wait until you’re through before putting on your lipstick so that you won’t have to reapply or mess your lips up.
2. Always treat your lips the same way you maintain a healthy skin. Never forget to remove makeup, exfoliate and moisturize them.
3. Different skin tones require different shades of lipstick. Do not hesitate to experiment. If you think a particular hue does not look well with the tone of your skin, replace it immediately.
4. When applying a bold lipstick, remember to tone down the hue of your eye shadow so your makeup will be balanced. Note that applying makeup should be balanced act and that you should only choose one feature to put the emphasis on.
5. A lip liner is applied to keep your lipstick from feathering throughout the day. That is why you should either choose a color that matches the hue of your lipstick or use the clear lip pencil instead. We advise to go for the latter since it compliments every shade and is silky smooth.
6. Always apply a primer first so that your lipstick stays on throughout the lunch meetings until the happy hour drinks.
7. When applying lipstick, begin at the middle of your lips. Then, move outward until you reach the corners. Doing this will save your lips from looking like a masquerade gone bad since your hands tend to be less shaky when you reach the corners of your mouth.
8. ALWAYS remove your lipstick before you go to sleep.
9. When applying your lipstick, put emphasis on your cupid’s bow and the middle of your lower lip by applying highlight in them to achieve that perfect pout
10. Make sure to leave at least one day without lipstick to allow your lips to breathe. During this day, you should also moisturize and remove the dead skin cells of your lips.