Honey is well loved by many because of its sweetness while lemon is often used in making juice and as ingredient in various dishes due to its citrusy taste. Aside from this, both lemon and honey are recognized for their numerous health benefits. They both have antioxidant and antibacterial properties that help boost one’s immune system. Combining these two super products together can aid in weight loss as well as improve hair and skin condition.
Benefits of Honey with Lemon
1. Treat Bronchitis, Cough, and Asthma. You can create an expectorant by combining honey with lemon. When taken, it will help remove phlegm found in the respiratory tract. When compared with other cough syrups, you will find that the combination of honey and lemon works better. Simply add 2 teaspoon of lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it several times in a day. This helps relieve chest as well as nasal congestion. Sore throat can be alleviated with honey and can even prevent certain bacteria from appearing.
2. Treat Pimples and Acne. Like it was mentioned before, both have antibacterial properties. What’s more, they also contain anti-inflammatories that can get deep into your skin to remove any impurities clogging the pores. This helps in keeping your skin smooth, wrinkle free, and fresh. Also, lemon is a good exfoliator which is ideal in removing sun burn, acne, and other blemishes. Just apply a honey and lemon face mask at least twice a week to reveal beautiful and smooth skin.
3. Treat Insect Bites and Wounds. Lemon and honey also have antiseptic properties which is one of the reasons why they are both handy when it comes to treating wounds and even insect bites. Not only do they help with the healing process they also prevent infection from setting in. The sugar content found in honey is responsible for eliminating microorganisms in the wound or bite while lemon reduces the chances of swelling due to bacteria. If you are suffering from infections or wounds, drinking honey and lemon tonic can help speed up your healing process.
4. Reduce Obesity and Belly Fat. Honey is known to be a fat-free energy booster while lemon is known for its low caloric content. The combination of honey and lemon helps reduce the amount of fatty deposits stored in the body. The fruit sugar found in honey is easy to digest. If you want to reduce belly fat or even prevent obesity, simply add three teaspoons of lemon and one teaspoon of honey to a glass filled with warm water. Stir the mixture together and drink in the morning. This will help speed up your metabolism to help eliminate fats in your body.
5. Treat Flu and Colds. A compromised immune system can leave you susceptible to colds and flu. This is one of the reasons why everyone is encouraged to increase their intake of vitamin C whether as liquid or as food. You can boil half a liter of water to a boil then add 2 ginger slices. Add 3 tablespoons of honey as well as 3 tablespoons of lemon. Strain tea and make sure that you drink this 2 to 3 times in a day to get rid of colds or flu fast.
6. Treat Digestive Problems. Digestive problems such as ulcers can cause discomfort to you. However, by making a tonic by combining 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in a glass filled with warm water, you find relief for all your digestive problems. Freshly made lemon juice can help cleanse your system, balance the pH levels in your body, as well as provide you with essential nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin C, and riboflavin. The honey and lemon tonic is also handy in purifying your liver. This way, it can boost your liver’s bile production to aid in treating ulcers and other disorders.
7. Natural Skin Remedies. Treatment for skin problems is usually packaged and sold at a high price. However, there is a cheaper alternative to this and with the same results and that is through creating a natural honey and lemon face pack. By applying this kind of mask on your face it will help delay the onset of signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines. You can use honey and lemon face pack at least three times in a week to see improvements.
8. Hair Care. The juice of the lemon is actually a popular hair treatment for those who have dry, itchy scalp and other irritating hair conditions. When you apply lemon juice to your scalp, it can help give it relief from the endless scratching. If applied directly on the hair, it will bring back its natural shine.