The guava fruit is revered because it is packed with vitamins A and C, potassium, lycopene and dietary fiber. But did you know that the leaves are worthy of so much attention too? Read on to get acquainted with 17 benefits of guava leaves.
- They promote weight loss. The consumption of guava leaf tea is said to keep complex carbohydrates from being turned into sugar that can cause hunger pangs and weight gain if not burned.
- Drinking guava leaf tea regularly is beneficial for individuals suffering from diabetes. That’s because the concoction helps bring down blood glucose levels without causing a spike in insulin production.
- The tea is also known to help bring down the levels of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol without having any negative effect on the levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein) or good cholesterol.
- Guava leaf tea is highly effective against diarrhea and dysentery because the leaves have antimicrobial properties.
- The same tea is also good for dealing with an upset stomach. It also helps put a stop to food poisoning because of the antimicrobial properties of guava leaves.
- Consuming guava leaf tea is recommended for individuals suffering from bronchitis as well as coughs.
- They help deal with toothache, inflamed gums and oral sores. These problems can be managed effectively simply by chewing on some guava leaves.
- Drinking guava leaf tea is beneficial for dengue sufferers. The perfect recipe for this viral disease is 9 pieces of guava leaves boiled in 5 cups of water until only half of the original amount remains.
- Men suffering from prostate enlargement and even cancer can benefit from the consumption of guava tea leaf.
- Likewise, this concoction is also highly recommended for men with fertility problems.
- Crushed guava leaves placed on scrapes, abrasion and minor cuts helps keep wound infection at bay. Outer ear infections may heal faster by dropping guava tea leaf cooled to room temperature on the affected area.
- Placing crushed leaves of guava on itchy skin areas during allergic reactions helps provide much-needed relief.
- Crushed leaves are also good for relieving insect bites.
- Finely crushed guava leaves may be applied on acne and pimples. Doing this allows the vitamin C content of the leaves to spring into action, helping to heal those trouble spots.
- Looking for an all-natural way to get rid of blackheads? In a blender, throw a few crushed guava leaves and some water. Use the resulting mixture as a facial scrub
- The same mixture may be used as a face mask to help improve the appearance of various premature aging signs.
- Guava leaves boiled in water and allowed to cool to room temperature may be massaged on the scalp to put a stop to hair loss.
If you have guava tree in your yard, lucky you! Now you know where to rush when you need some homemade remedies for various problems.