Acid reflux happens when naturally produce stomach acid flows from the stomach to the esophagus. Acid reflux can be caused by hyper acidity or a drastic change in eating habits. Acid reflux or GERD causes heartburn.
Possible Causes Acid Reflux
- Alcoholic drinks
- Excess intake of fatty foods
If left untreated Acid reflux can result to different problems in the stomach and the esophagus. It can cause ulcers, gastritis and esophageal cancer.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux
- Bloody stools, or vomiting
- Burning sensation in the chest
- Loss of weight
- Dry cough or sore throat
- Aloe Vera – Drink Aloe Vera juice to relieve heartburn.
- Chewing Gum – Chewing gum produces more saliva, lowering acid production in the stomach.
- Licorice – make tea with licorice root, this protects the esophagus from the acid.
- Baking soda – drink a glass of water with ½ teaspoon of baking soda to neutralize the acids in the stomach.
- Slippery Elm – Suck on a slippery elm lozenge to get instant relief from heartburn.
- Ginger – To instantly lower acidity in the stomach, crush some ginger and suck on its juices.
- Basil Leaves – Chew on basil leaves for a quick relief from GERD.
- Carrot Juice – Drink carrot juice in the morning for acid reflux relief.
- Honey – Honey can neutralize acidity in the stomach preventing acidity. Take a spoonful of honey before going to bed to avoid heartburn while sleeping.
- Indian Gooseberry – Eat raw for better digestion and acid reflux prevention
- Papaya – Eat every morning to lower acid in the stomach.
- Fenugreek – Soak fenugreek seed in water, then strain. Drink the water for acid reflux relief.
- Wood Betony – Remove excess acid by eating this herb.
- Clove – Relieve symptoms of acid reflux by chewing on clover.
- Raw Almonds – Lessen acidity by eating raw almonds.
- Fennel Seeds – used fennel seeds as a snack to relieve heartburn.
- German Chamomile – For a quick relief from heartburn drink German chamomile tea.
- Hyssop – This herb cures the stomach lining from acidity.
- Agrimony – add this to your beverage to cure GERD.
- Lemon Juice – drink diluted lemon juice before breakfast to relieve acid reflux.
- Cardamom – Boil cardamoms in water, strain and drink the water to cure acidity.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Drink vinegar and honey mixture to relieve acid reflux.
- Black Pepper – Add black pepper to your meals to help relieve acid reflux.
- Milk- Get instant relief from acid reflux by drinking cold milk.
- Mint Leaves- Drink mint leaf extracts to treat GERD
- Bananas – Protects the stomach lining and prevent hyper acidity.
- Cumin seeds – take 2 teaspoons of ground cumin and coriander seeds after meals. This relieves acid reflux.
Make this home remedies to get relief from acid reflux and lower acid production. Eat healthy, avoid vices like alcohol and cigarettes, stop overeating and exercise daily to improve overall health.