Are you suffering from coughing fits? Is the irritation in your throat, making it hard for you to function properly? Tired of the awful taste of cough syrups? Here are some easy to make home remedies recipes for your coughs.
Castor oil chest rub
• Half cup of good quality Castor oil
• Two crushed garlic cloves
• Grated Ginger
• Eucalyptus Oil
• Half teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Creating the Rub:
• Put the cold castor oil in a bowl and mix in the garlic.
• Add the grated ginger, then and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
• Incorporate some drops of eucalyptus oil, this depends on your preference. Adding three or four drops will give it a mild aroma.
Gently rub it in your chest to get relief from chest congestion and warmth. Application can be messy, but putting an old cloth or shirt above the rub after application will prevent spillage and will trap in added warmth.
How it works:
Castor oil – is easily absorbed by the body. This removes congestion and increase the immune system and circulation.
Cayenne pepper and ginger – They bring the soothing heat and break down mucus build up.
Garlic and eucalyptus oil – have antimicrobial properties needed to fight off the spread of the virus.
Honey, onion and garlic syrup
• Half cup of honey
• Half cup of water
• Chopped onion
• One whole garlic, chopped
Creating the Syrup
• Simply add all the ingredients together
• Let the syrup steep over night at room temperature or simmer the mixture in low heat for ten minutes.
• When the ingredients seem to be more incorporated to the liquid, strain everything.
• Store the liquid in a tightly sealed bottle or jar.
Use this as a cough syrup and store it in the refrigerator after use.
How it works:
Honey, Garlic and onion – All have antimicrobial properties that soothe the throat and lessen the irritation
Herbs – Like honey, garlic and onion it contains antimicrobials.
• Grated horseradish
• One fourth cup honey
Creating the Syrup:
• Add the ingredients together.
• Let the syrup rest overnight or a few hours.
Use it as a cough syrup.
How it Works:
Honey – is known to relieve irritation and hoarseness in coughs.
Horseradish – used for perspiration during fevers and can relieve congestion.
Don’t consume too much of this syrup. Too much horseradish can cause stomach aches and diarrhea.
Tip: Avoid adding essential oils to home remedies that are consumed. Essential oils are concentrated and can cause problems in the liver. Use essential oils in rubs or in steam inhalation.