One of the hardest food groups to give up is sweets. Eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle require less sweets and more organic and healthy foods. How can you satisfy your sweet tooth without having to binge on a pint of ice cream or a whole cake? Simple, create your own healthy and snacks.
Here are some easy to make healthy dessert snacks that can help you keep your healthy diet intact.
Blueberry Whole-wheat Muffin
Blueberries are one of the healthiest fruits, it is rich in antioxidant and nutrients. A bowl of blueberries can help curb sugar cravings. If you want to try a healthy snack add blueberries and yogurt in a blender to create an easy to make blueberry yogurt snack. Another easy to make healthy snack is blueberry whole wheat muffins. Create this yummy snack with these easy to make recipe.
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup non-fat or low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 muffin cup or lightly grease it. Take a bowl and combine the baking powder, oats, baking soda and salt together. Take another bowl and mix together the sour cream, vegetable oil, brown sugar, egg, lemon zest and vanilla together. Fold in the sour cream mixture and blueberries in the flour mixture. Don’t worry about the lumps. Divide this mixture evenly into the muffin tin. Place the muffin tin in the oven and let it bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Poke the muffin with a toothpick to see it’s fully cooked on the inside.
Smoothies are one of the easiest healthy snack you can make. All you need is creativity and a blender. Blend some ice together and some fruits to create a yummy smoothie. Add yogurt for probiotics and protein powder for extra health benefits.
Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidant and can curb sweet cravings. A small portion of dark chocolate is advised, excessive amounts will significantly increase calorie intake. You can use dark chocolate as a dip for sweet fruits.
Vegan Ice Cream
Vegan ice cream is a much healthier alternative to regular ice cream. Vegan ice cream utilizes natural ingredients and require no artificial sweetening. These ice cream isn’t as creamy as its counterpart, but it is perfect as a healthy snack. Here is a recipe of a famous vegan ice cream.
Vegan Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Half tsp. Xanthan gum
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 gluten free vegan black bean brownies
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Honey
– Blend xanthan gum, cocoa powder, vanilla, sugar and almond milk in the blender. Place the mixture in a bowl and cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until chilled. Once everything is chilled place the mixture into a pre-chilled ice cream maker. If you don’t have an ice cream maker an easy alternative is to place the mixture in freezer safe container and freeze it. Stir the mixture hour to aerate it. Once the ice cream is at the right consistency, add in the brownies.
Try out these healthy snacks for yourself.