Heart problems are one of the leading causes of death in the world. No matter your age or gender heart diseases can come knocking down your door. So take care of your heart early and follow these stroke and heart disease prevention tips to improve heart health.
10 Tips to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke
• Know how high your risks are to getting heart diseases. Age, genes, lifestyle and family history can increase your risk.
• Take note of your health, if you already suffer from a disease that makes you more prone to heart problems go to your doctor immediately. Diabetes and obesity increase your risk of getting stroke of cardiovascular disorders.
• Avoid Second hand smoke and don’t smoke.
• Maintain a healthy and balanced blood pressure. Buy a standard blood pressure monitor and take note of your blood pressure. If you notice sudden spikes in your blood pressure, consult your doctor.
• Limit calorie intake, weight gain increase the risk of heart attacks. Sudden weight loss or lack of calories can also cause heart disorders.
• Maintain your cholesterol levels. Bad cholesterol in the can create problems in the liver, the intestine and of course the heart.
• Exercise daily, walking at least two thousand steps a day or being active for at least thirty minutes of the day can help maintain weight and keeps the heart pumping. The heart is a muscle; it needs exercise to function properly. Do cardio workouts at least 4 times a week.
• Stress is a strong factor when it comes to health problems. Stress can cause heart disease or trigger heart disorders. Lessen stress by doing meditation, relaxing and breathing exercises. Let go of negativity in your life and embrace a less stressful lifestyle.
• Science has created some of the most amazing advances in health care. Keep up to date on the new techniques and information about heart diseases and preventive measures.
• Don’t just pop pills willy-nilly. Supplements or other dietary products can harm or affect your body functions. Consult your doctor when you plan to take any medication or supplement.
Your heart is one of the hardest working organs in your body. It works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Give back by treating it well. Exercise, eat healthy and let go of stress and negativity.