Lemon is a type of citrus fruit that actually has many uses. From helping you to lose weight to boosting your immune system, there is no denying the power of adding lemons to your life. But did you know that there are actually several home remedies that you can do using lemons?
If you are wondering what these remedies are, here are a few examples that you should actually try out.
- Soothes cough. Cough is one of the most common illnesses that can occur from time to time. That wracking cough that disrupts your work may be alleviated by drinking tea but you might be surprised that there is a better way to solve this problem and that is by adding some honey and lemon to your tea. Not only will this aid in soothing your sore throat and cough, but it also makes your tea tastes better.
- Alleviates menstrual cramps. If you are suffering from cramps during your period, break out your lemons and honey and combine the juice of one whole lemon with a tablespoon of honey to a glass of warm water. This drink will help keep you hydrated to lessen the cramps in your lower abdomen.
- Lightens age spots and freckles. Age spots as well as freckles can make your skin tone uneven which is why it helps to have some lemons on hand. Combine some sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice to create a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas of your skin then massage gently to help remove dead skin. Leave it on for 10 minutes or until it is dry. Rinse afterwards using warm water then repeat daily until you see some positive changes to your age spots or freckles.
- Reduces fever. Not keen on using any medication when you have a fever? How about using a home remedy instead? Simply combine cream of tartar, honey, and lemon juice in a glass of warm water and sip the solution. This will help reduce your fever.
- Clears up your acne. Plagued with acne breakouts often? Lemon is here to save the day. First, you need to crush up to 8 tablets of uncoated aspirin then add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to create a paste. Apply a thin layer on areas where acne tend to pop out and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Rinse afterwards using warm water. Pat your skin dry using a clean washcloth or towel.
- Relieves itching. Those pesky mosquito bites can be quite itchy but don’t you worry, just soak a cotton ball in the juice of lemon and just apply it on the affected area. This greatly helps in alleviating the itch.
So you see, lemons aren’t just for making juices or fruit salads but they can also be used to create home remedies that will ease some of your health problems. Regardless of whether you are having a hard time dealing with your acne or if you want to minimize your menstrual cramps, lemon has something for you.