Garlic-roasted chicken breasts — the name alone is enough to make your mouth water. It’s also something that can make you feel intimidated if you are a culinary newbie. While it may sound like this treat is extra challenging to make, the truth is just about anyone can whip it up in just a few minutes. It won’t require you to have years of experience in the kitchen!
No matter how you look at this dish, it’s healthy. Garlic-roasted chicken is perfect for you whether you are trying to watch your weight or you just want to stay ion the pink of health — or both. Below you will find the simple recipe for it. Aside from learning that it is actually trouble-free to make, you will find out that it’s one of the healthiest dishes you can prepare.
Are you a busy individual? You don’t have to devote a lot of your precious time to coming up with this gem that you and your loved ones will surely like. A serving of it will only take about 40 minutes to create, and much of the time is spent waiting for the chicken to cook in the oven so you can remain productive throughout the entire cooking time!
Without further ado, here’s how to make garlic-roasted chicken breasts. You can be certain that the finished product is the best one on the entire planet because you have devoted your time, love and passion to making it!
- 4 pieces of chicken breast halves (both skin and bone intact)
- 3 garlic cloves (large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red hot pepper flakes
- Place a rack in the upper third portion of your oven, and have your oven preheated to 500 °F.
- In the meantime, peel your garlic cloves. Chop them up into small pieces and mash. Place in a small bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to your mashed garlic. Mix very well.
- Add your 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of red hot pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of red hot pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Get the chicken breasts and cut long pockets in each of their sides, measuring about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Stuff 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic mixture in every chicken breast pocket.
- Place the chicken breasts on a large and shallow baking pan that’s lined with aluminum foil, with the skin sides facing up.
- Coat all of the chicken breasts with the remaining garlic mixture in the bowl.
- Stash the baking pan in the oven and allow the chicken breasts to cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy.
That’s how really simple it is to whip up your own delectable and healthy garlic-roasted chicken breasts at home. It may sound tricky to make, but this dish loved by many is actually hassle-free to create.
Everyone knows that chicken breasts are good for you because they are loaded with high quality protein and contain less saturated fat compared to other meat products like beef and pork. Chicken breasts are also recommended if you are trying to shed off excess pounds or you are trying to stay within your ideal weight.
Garlic is an herb revered for its amazing anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. It is also loved for its ability to thin the blood and reduce blood pressure.