Almost 85% of the female population suffers from cellulites, These cellulites commonly develop in and around the thigh region, but can also be seen on the stomach, buttocks, and legs.
Essentially, cellulites are free-floating fats that are deposited underneath the skin. It has a unique appearance, like small dimpled surfaces of orange peels or that of cottage cheese. The top causative factors of cellulite formation are hormonal problems, genetics, and unhealthy lifestyle choices.
It is imperative for women to get rid of cellulite as soon as they appear. It becomes more problematic and difficult to get rid of cellulites as women age. Thankfully, there are many ways to slow down the formation of cellulites as well as minimize their appearance altogether.
Proper and effective management of cellulites lies is made easy with these simple and straightforward home remedies:
Top Ten Ways to Get Rid of Cellulites
- Dry Brushing
One of the simplest ways to get rid of cellulites is a technique called dry brushing. This process entails the use of body brush that functions to do the following:
- increase lymphatic drainage
- improve blood circulation
- remove the accumulation of toxins found in the upper layers of the skin
All of these actions reduce the formation as well as the appearance of cellulites on the skin.
Make sure to use high-quality body brush that is made from natural fibers to reduce the risk for irritation.
- You need to implement dry brushing before showering. Make sure that both the skin and the brush are dry.
- Gently brush from the feet area up to your shoulders. Focus brushing on areas with the most concentration of cellulites. Always remember to brush from left to right side of your body as this helps in improving blood circulation.
- Dry brush for about five to ten minutes.
- Wet the skin to rinse off dead skin cells and impurities.
- Dry brush daily for a few months before taking a shower.
- Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is a fat-burning food item. It has the innate ability of increasing body temperature, boost metabolism, and improve circulation. There are also compounds found in cayenne pepper that helps in eliminating bad skin cells and then replacing them with new, health skin cells.
Cayenne pepper not only eliminates toxins from the body, but it has been proven to reduce the appearance of cellulites as well.
- Make a cellulite detox drink by mixing one to two tsps. of cayenne pepper powder with one teaspoon of grated ginger, and one lemon juice into a glass of warm water.
- Coffee Grounds
Drinking coffee increases blood circulation. The coffee grounds on the other hand can be used as exfoliating scrub that can remove dead skin cells and replace them with new healthy skin cells.
- combine ¼ cup of coffee grounds with two tablespoons of coconut oil and three tablespoons of sugar. Mix the ingredients until you form a paste.
- Take the paste and apply it directly to regions with high concentrations of cellulites. Apply form pressure when massaging the coffee grounds scrub onto the affected areas. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Follow this regiment at least two to three times a week until you see positive results.
- You may also use coffee ground wraps to target cellulites. Simply combine 1/5 cups of coffee grounds with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Heat the combined solution in the microwave for 20 seconds. The next step is to spread the warm coffee grounds mixture onto the cellulites and cover it with cling wrap for 30 minutes. Rinse the solution with warm water. Do this regimen for at least twice a week until you see improvements.
- Juniper Oil
Juniper oil is proven to have powerful detoxifying qualities. It also helps in reducing fluid retention leading to slowed down cellulite formation.
- combine 10 to 15 drops of juniper oil with one-fourth cup of olive oil
- gently massage the mixture on the thighs for 10 minutes
- do this regimen twice daily. After a month, you are guaranteed to see positive results
Seaweeds are natural exfoliating agents. They also stimulate blood circulation, flush out harmful toxins, and improve skin appearance and texture.
-In a mason jar, combine the following ingredients:
- three tablespoons of ground seaweed
- ¼ cup of sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Massage the mixture gentle on the affected areas for a good 10 minutes before you take a shower.
- Apply moisturizer after shower.
- Seaweed baths are also ideal to get rid of cellulites. Fill your tub with lukewarm water and place four sheets of seaweed. Soak in the tub for about 20 minutes. Do this practice at least twice a week for best results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is fortified with many nutrients that are proven to eradicate cellulites such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium to name a few. All these minerals are potent in flushing out toxins and helps in getting rid of water retention in the thigh and stomach region. Apple cider vinegar is also being promoted as an effective weight loss ingredient. Weight loss reduces the chances of cellulite pockets to appear underneath the skin.
- Green Clay
Green clay has a lot of health benefits:
- stimulates blood and lymphatic circulation
- remove dead skin cells
- repair and reinforce connective tissues
- gets rid of impurities and fats
Due to the many detoxifying qualities of green clay, it is being used as an important natural remedy to get rid of unsightly cellulites.
What you need:
- ½ cup of green clay
- ½ cup seaweed
- ¼ cup of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp organic honey
Combine all the ingredients until a thick, smooth paste is formed. Gentle rub the mixture onto the affected areas. Use circular motions and then cover the mixture with a cling wrap. Leave the mixture to dry for about 30 minutes. Take out the plastic wrap and rinse the affected areas with lukewarm water. This treatment should be done at least once a week for best results.
Salmon is bursting with antioxidants that promote soft and smooth skin. The Omega-3 fatty acid content also helps in breaking down the free-floating fats stored beneath the skin.
Other helpful functions of Omega-3 fatty acids that contribute to reducing the appearance of cellulites are:
- reduce appetite and sudden hunger pangs
- low-level inflammation
- repair and strengthen skin tissues
- reduce the accumulation of harmful toxins found in blood vessels
- boost circulation
To reduce the formation of cellulites, it is best to choose baked or roasted salmon instead of fried ones.
- Tangerine Oil
The essential oil extracted from the tangerine fruit has been proven to improve blood circulation. Its main function is to breakdown fat pockets that are most common cellulite formation. Tangerine oil boasts properties that play a key role in getting rid of toxins that have accumulated overtime.
What you need:
- five drops of tangerine oil
- one tbsp. of olive oil
Gently massage the mixture on the affected area, for ten to fifteen minutes. Make sure to stay away from the sun at least an hour after application. Repeat this natural treatment twice daily for a few weeks until cellulite reduction becomes apparent.
You may also take tangerine oil as is to boost overall metabolism. Simply add two to three drops of tangerine oil to a glass of warm water. Drink once daily until you see improvements on the appearance of cellulite on the skin.
- Water intake
The pockets of cellulites that have collected underneath the skin are filled with toxins that have accumulated for many years. By increasing water intake, you are effectively removing unwanted toxins from the body. By keeping well hydrated at all times, your skin gives out a health glow and firm texture as well.
Ideally, drink at least eight glasses of water daily so your system is supplied with the right amount of water that it needs. Alwaus make sure to drink a glass of water upon waking up.
You may also add lemon or honey to the water or vegetables with high water content such as cucumber, leafy veggies, and lemons for their extra hydrating and healing powers.