Dark underarms can be a source of embarrassment for many causing you to confine yourself in long sleeved tops just to hide your underarms. You’ve probably tried various whitening products to no avail. If you want to lighten the skin under your arms, going natural might just be what you need so you will have more confidence raising your hands and wearing short sleeved tops.
So what natural remedies can help whiten your dark underarms? Here are a few examples to try out.
- Cucumber. Cucumbers are known for their bleaching properties which is one of the reasons they are good for ligthening dark underarms. Slice a thin piece of cucumber and rub against your underarms. You can also harvest the juice from the cuke by grating it then applying on your underarms. Repeat this several times in a week until you see results.
- Lemon. Another home remedy that is effective in whitening underarms is lemon. Aside from its bleaching properties, lemon also contains anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties that can remove dead skin cells in your underarms to reveal lighter skin. Cut thick slices of lemon and rub under your arm. Leave the juice on for ten minutes before rinsing. Apply moisturizer afterwards. You should repeat this treatment daily.
- Orange peel. Orange peel is also useful when it comes to lightening your dark underarms thanks to its bleaching properties. It also has exfoliating properties which can remove dead skin cells that make your underarms dark. For this treatment, you need to dry a few orange peels first. Grind them afterwards to create a powder. Get two teaspoons of powdered orange peel and mix it with rose water and milk until you have made a paste. Scrub your underarms gently with the paste and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse afterwards using cold water. You should repeat this treatment two to three times a week to see better looking skin under your arms.
- Milk. Milk is also an effective home remedy to whiten your underarms as it contains nutrients that can brighten your skin tone in this part of your body. Apply some milk under your arms and then massage gently. Leave the milk for ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing. A good recipe for this is to mix two teaspoons of full fat cream milk with a tablespoon of gram flour and a tablespoon of yogurt. Apply the mixture under your arms then leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Use cold water to rinse the mixture off.
- Coconut oil. This remedy is perfect for whitening your dark underarms as it contains vitamin E. What’s more, coconut oil can eliminate odors which is a plus. To use this treatment, simply massage the coconut oil under your arms and let it soak afterwards for 15 minutes at least. Rinse it off using mild soap and lukewarm water. You should repeat this two to three times in a day to get the best results for your underarms.