Cholesterol is produced naturally by the body and can be obtained from various food sources. The fact is your body needs it because of the many important roles it plays. For instance, cholesterol is important for the production of certain hormones such as estrogen and testosterone. It is also essential for the body’s production of vitamin D as well as the absorption of various fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamins A, E and K. Cholesterol is also important for the creation and maintenance of the membrane of every cell in your body. Indeed, you should not stay away entirely from cholesterol.
The real problem happens when there’s too much cholesterol in the body. It’s no secret that they can collect in the blood vessels and prevent blood from flowing through them properly. Because of this, the supply of oxygen to certain parts of the body such as the heart may be hampered, leading to a host of serious and oftentimes life-threatening conditions.
High cholesterol levels in the blood need to be treated right away by a specialist. Otherwise, there are some complications that you may suffer from. According to medical authorities, the following are the problems that may result from high cholesterol, and many of them can be deadly:
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Chronic kidney disease
When high cholesterol levels strike, dietary and lifestyle changes have to be done. The consumption of high-fiber and low-cholesterol foods and having regular exercise are some of the things that may be done to help in lowering blood cholesterol levels. It’s not unlikely for a specialist to recommend certain drugs that are formulated to help deal with the problem.
The problem with drugs is they tend to yield unfavorable side effects. This is true no matter if they are for lowering bad cholesterol levels or for dealing with a simple headache. It’s exactly for this reason why a lot of people with certain medical conditions look for alternative ways to deal with the problems they have, such as through herbal remedies. Many of these all-natural solutions for various maladies have been used for centuries already.
Dealing with cholesterol buildup in the blood vessels, fortunately, is possible through a variety of traditional solutions. However, it’s important to notify your doctor about your plan on trying any one of them.
One of the easiest-to-make natural remedies for high cholesterol levels in the blood as well as clumps of cholesterol in the blood vessels is something that is out of 3 ingredients only. Due to this, there is no reason for you not to give this tried-and-tested home remedy a chance to prove its true worth. What’s more, it is said that this all-natural approach to dealing with the problem is said to produce impressive results in just as short as 40 days!
So if you’re ready to lower your blood cholesterol levels as well as unclog your blood vessels, here’s the very simple recipe and how it should be taken:
- 4 medium-sized lemons
- 4 garlic bulbs
- 3 liters of distilled water (boiled water will also do)
- Separate all of your garlic and peel all the cloves. Set aside.
- In the meantime, pour boiling water on the lemons to have them disinfected.
- Chop up your lemons into small pieces without peeling them.
- Place your peeled garlic cloves and sliced lemons in the blender. Blend.
- Transfer the mixture in a glass jar that can accommodate 3 liters of water. Pour distilled water into the jar until it is filled. Close the lid and stash in the fridge for 3 days.
- After 3 days, strain and store the collected liquid in the fridge.
- Start by taking 1 tablespoon of the liquid 3 times daily.
- Gradually increase your dose by a tablespoon per intake, until you are taking 3 tablespoons 3 times a day.
- This treatment is good for 40 days.