A lot of women say that they lost quite a lot when they breastfed their baby but this doesn’t mean that all the pounds that you have gained when you were pregnant will simply disappear just like that. Yes, there are some women who actually shed an impressive amount of calories while breastfeeding, but for others, each pound is hard to lose. But don’t be disheartened because you can still get rid of the extra weight you’ve gained through breastfeeding and the following tips.
- Don’t forget your breakfast. Skipping your morning meal is a bad idea especially when you’ve been sleeping for hours. Your body needs fuel to get started plus your metabolism won’t work very well until you put something in your belly. Don’t use your busy schedule as an excuse to skip breakfast. You’ll be surprised on how much calories you get to burn when you start your day the healthy way.
- Eat regularly. Since your baby will require feeding every few hours, you will need to make sure that your milk production will be continuous. One way to do this is to eat regularly and that includes snacks in between meals. Of course, you should focus more on healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains and the like so your baby will also get important nutrients from you.
- Stay hydrated. For mothers who are breastfeeding, make sure that you drink plenty of water. Dehydration is highly likely when you’re breastfeeding which is why you need to ensure that you are drinking up to eight glasses of water daily. Keep in mind that breastmilk contains water so imagine how much liquid you are actually losing every time you feed your baby.
- Pay attention to hunger cues. Your body has a way of telling you that it needs sustenance so make sure that you are aware of the warning signs. Even if you have just eaten an hour or two ago, you need to satisfy your hunger. However, don’t just grab the first thing that you see in the fridge but rather prepare healthy snacks that contain fiber, protein, and other healthy ingredients to help fill your belly up while preventing additional calories from getting stored in your body.
- Exercise when you can. Breastfeeding alone won’t be sufficient in making you lose all those pregnancy weight of yours. Combining it with exercise and you’ll see positive results for sure. You’re probably wondering how will you be able to exercise when you are caring for your baby. Well, squeeze even 10 minutes worth of workout in your day or while your baby sleeps to get your metabolism up and running.
Losing pregnancy weight may take time but not if you combine breastfeeding with proper diet and exercise. For sure, you will love your figure and the weight you’ve achieved in just a year after giving birth if you follow the tips mentioned above.