Not everybody is blessed with full and sexy lips. A lot of those who were not lucky enough like a lot of screen sirens and supermodels often resort to expensive surgical procedures and injections that do not come without pain and risks. There are also so many lip-plumping products on the current market, with majority of them carrying very steep price tags.
Whether you are not willing to take risks or shell out a huge sum of cash just to get bee-stung lips, worry not. There are some all-natural ways to make your lips look fuller and more eye-catching. Read on to know some of them.
1. Exfoliating your lips helps get rid of dead cells and promote circulation. This can be done with the help of a damp toothbrush with very soft bristles. Use small circular motions in exfoliating your lips with a toothbrush. Remember to apply your favorite lip balm or moisturizer afterwards.
2. Mixing 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar results in a wonderful lip scrub. For about a minute, apply and massage the mixture on your lips with your fingertips using slow circular motions. Rinse afterwards.
3. Smearing freshly-squeezed lemon juice on your lips is another great way to remove those dead cells. Lemon juice also contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that protects the cells against free radicals. The benefit of applying lemon juice on your lips doesn’t end here. The mild acidic property of lemon juice helps improve the appearance of dark and stained lips.
4. Applying a thin layer of peppermint oil on your lips helps make them look plump temporarily by causing them to swell up. Because peppermint oil may cause a stinging sensation, it’s a good idea to use a very small quantity only.
5. Using honey as a replacement for your everyday lip balm or moisturizer is a great idea. Other than making your lips shiny and looking fuller, honey also nourishes the lips to make them picture-perfect.
6. Giving your lips their regular dose of exercise is also very helpful in making them look more attractive. One exercise you may do is this: pout your lips and immediately press them together; while pressed together, move your lips from side to side. The entire procedure should be repeated 8 to 10 times. Do this exercise daily.
7. Whistling for a maximum of 5 minutes a day is also a wonderful exercise that helps make your lips look fuller.