Losing weight is not an easy feat. Even if you are aiming to lose 10 lbs, it is still a struggle to be sure. But what about losing about 20 pounds? Well, you’ll probably be obsessed about every calorie intake that you do and go crazy about your meal preparations. Although this will get you results, it can take a toll on your mental and emotional state which is not really a good idea.
Fortunately, there are some simple steps that can actually give you the results that you are looking for. Here are a few to get you started.
- Don’t go on a diet. If you think that in order to lose 20 pounds you will need to follow a strict diet, think again. There is a huge chance that you won’t be able to sustain your diet which is why it is much better to change your eating habits instead. Opt for whole foods like fruits, vegetables, as well as lean meats, seeds, and nuts.
- Get rid of processed sugar. Sweets may give you the high that you are looking for but they are one of the culprits of weight gain. Artificial sweeteners found in beverages, candies, and baked goods can cause your blood sugar levels to spike and cause fats to accummulate in all the wrong places in your body.
- Set your fitness goal. If you want to lose 20 lbs from your weight then you need to commit to a fitness goal. Join marathons, go climbing, or whatever fitness program you want to master, the bottom line is to just do it. Having a goal makes it easier for you to focus on your training and, in the process, start losing weight.
- Avoid vegetable and canola oils. One reason why these oils should be removed from the pantry is that they can cause inflammation in your body. They are also toxic to your health especially when they are introduced to heat. When this happens, your body will store them as fats which is what you are trying to avoid.
- Prep your food. Most of us tend to rely on fast-food chains and restaurants for our meals but you won’t know what ingredients go in them. If you really want to lose a reasonable amount of weight, you will need to start preparing your own food at home. This actually gives you complete control on the ingredients that you are going to use so that you will be able to monitor your calorie intake while avoiding those that are harmful to your health.
- Choose nutrient-dense vegetables. As a rule, it is important to eat more servings of vegetables every meal time. Go for kale, spinach, and other nutrient-dense vegetables to provide you with your much needed nutrients and protein so that your stomach will feel full faster.