The kinds of food that we eat play a huge role in our overall health and when it comes to choosing foods that are packed with nutritional benefits, you should definitely take a closer look at seeds as these small but mighty ingredients contain quite a suprising amount of vitamins and minerals that we need. Most of us don’t really pay much attention to seeds but you might be surprised how useful they are when it comes to delivering essential nutrients to our body.
Here are some examples of seeds that you should definitely include in your list of foods to eat.
- Chia seeds. You’ve probably come across chia seeds while reading articles on diet which isn’t surprising as chia seeds are good sources of calcium, fiber, and phosphorus. The fiber in chia seeds is important to your digestion. What’s more, chia seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for heart health.
- Pomegranate. Another seed that has been found to be useful to your health is pomegranate seeds. What this seeds can do is to help you lose weight because they are low in calorie content. Not only that, but pomegranate seeds also have antioxidants and vitamin C which can fight off free radicals while boosting your immune system and metabolism.
- Sunflower seeds. Eating a quarter cup of sunflower seeds can deliver you your much needed vitamin E which is a fat-soluble antioxidant that can fight off free radicals from damaging our cells. It also contains anti-inflammatories which can reduce swelling or any inflammation in our body while boosting healing and repairing of our skin. Another plus to eating sunflower seeds is that they are rich in magnesium which can reduce blood pressure while making your bones stronger than before.
- Hemp seeds. Adding protein to your diet is important especially when it comes to building muscles so try adding hemp seeds to your dishes to get your much needed proteins. Hemp seeds also have fiber which can boost digestion and get things moving along in your digestive tract. Add some in your post-workout shake to speed up the healing process and muscle repair.
- Flax seeds. This seeds are actually good sources of omega-3s. Taking a tablespoon of this seed can actually deliver more than the recommended daily value of omega-3 in your body which can help combat inflammation. This reduces your risk of migraine, arthritis, and even osteoporosis too. It can also help strengthen your bones too which is a plus so don’t hesitate to add flax seeds to your dishes or drinks.
- Pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds contain high amounts of iron that can keep your energy levels stable throughout the day. You can make a snack out of this seed by roasting a cup of seeds with half a teaspoon each of chili powder, paprika, and sea salt.
These are just a few seeds that were found to be quite a powerhouse in terms of vitamins, minerals, and health benefits which is why adding them to your diet is guaranteed to be a huge advantage to your overall health.