Let your slow cooker do all the work for you! In this recipe you will be making a vegetarian and gluten free potato chili. This dish is quick and healthy recipe you can prepare for the family beforehand and just reheat in the oven afterward. Not only is it convenient but it is healthy and low in calories.
No cooking skills required!
Vegetarian and Gluten Free Potato Chili Recipe:
This recipe serves 8 people.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: (depending on the slow cooker) five to six hours or 8 to 9 hours.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Toppings(If desired) = green onion, avocado, and tortilla chips
- Get a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker and turn it on.
- Add the onion, peppers, garlic, beans, tomatoes, broth, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and sweet potatoes to the slow cooker.
- Combine the ingredients and make sure it is mixed well.
- Cover the slow cooker and let it cook.
- Cook the chili for 8 to 9 hours when cooked in low heat or cook it for 5 to 6 hours in high heat.
- After the time allotted check if the sweet potatoes are tender enough to eat. If not add an extra hour to your cooking.
- Serve the chili warm and top off with avocado or tortilla chips.
This is a great slow cooker recipe. Even unskilled chefs can cook this with no worries of making mistakes. Just have the right ingredients and utilities and you have one delicious vegetarian and gluten free potato chili.