This is a perfect recipe when you have summer squash and zucchinis lying around the house. This is a great and easy dish to make. Like most people, when in need of a quick and easy dinner fix they turn to pasta. Pasta is an amazing invention. Hot water, uncooked pasta and sauce are enough for a delicious meal.
This recipe is also great for the kids. It makes them eat zucchini ribbons and squash with their pasta. Zucchini ribbons are easy to make, just use your regular vegetable peeler at home to make them.
Zucchini and Summer Squash Ribbons on Pasta with Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce Recipe:
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cups of zucchini ribbons (skin of three or four zucchinis)
- 6 slices of pancetta
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- pinch salt and pepper
- 140 g goat cheese
- 225 g dry spaghetti or linguine
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup whipping cream (35% cream)
- ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water
- Grated Parmesan for toppings
- Heat the pasta cooking water in large pot.
- Chop the garlic and herbs.
- Cut the pancetta into bite size pieces and fry them in a frying pan brushed with olive oil. When the pancetta turns crispy add the zucchini ribbons, salt, pepper, herbs and garlic. Toss them together for 3 minutes.
- After tossing for 3 minutes add white one and let it simmer. Add the goat cheese and stir. Let the cheese melt in with the wine then add cream. Mix well.
- Add salt tot the pasta water and cook the pasta. Look through the pasta package instruction for cooking time.
- When the pasta cooks, remove the pasta from the pot and mix it with the sauce.
- When you find the consistency of the sauce too dense add some pasta water on it to dilute.
- Toss the salad and sauce together until you find the right consistency.
- Serve the pasta in bowl and top off with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Get zucchini ribbons by washing the zucchini and shaving long strips of flesh from the vegetable. Angle your vegetable peeler to get longer strips.