Unwanted facial hair is a problem shared by a lot of women. It’s true that there are numerous removal solutions available these days. Each one of them has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Opting for some home remedies is done by some women. Sometimes they do it in order to avoid certain drawbacks as well as unfavorable side effects commonly caused by some usual hair removal methods such as plucking, shaving and laser.
If you are on the hunt for a trouble-free yet highly effective way to get rid of facial hair in a natural way, continue reading. Below you will find a simple recipe for banishing unwanted facial hair. It’s something employed by women in the Middle East for so many years already, and you may also take advantage of it to look your best.
This recipe involves ingredients that are very easy to obtain. In fact, all of them may already be in your kitchen. This only means that you don’t have to spend a lot of cash or go to great lengths just to zap those bothersome facial hair that keeps you from attaining 100% confidence.
Prior to taking a look at this magnificent DIY solution for unwanted facial hair, let us first check out your other options. By considering their pros and cons, you will see why this age-old beautifying solution is way better.
- Plucking or tweezing – This is a very time-consuming hair removal process. Although it is very effective and can actually put an end to hair growth when repeated again and again, it may cause skin irritation and the formation of dark spots.
- Threading – A very popular hair removal from the Middle East, threading is similar to plucking or tweezing, although a piece of thread twisted is used to pull out hair. Usually, it is performed by a technician.
- Shaving – It is one of the cheapest and quickest ways to remove unwelcome facial hair. However, women usually employ this method on the legs, bikini area and underarms, and rarely on the face — except sometimes for trimming the eyebrows.
- Waxing and sugaring – Commonly, this works on hair strands that are long enough to be pulled by the solidified solution used. Many women find these methods painful. It can also cause skin irritation.
- Use of depilatory creams – Chemicals in depilatory creams can melt hair in about 3 to 5 minutes. Women love using these products because they produce softer results than shaving. However, skin irritation may be encountered by some.
- Electrolysis – This process involves placing a thin metal wire into every hair follicle and killing it off using a mild electric current. It can be a painful procedure that is time-consuming as it has to be done on each and every hair.
- Laser – This unwanted hair removal uses laser light in heating up hair follicles to have them partially or completely destroyed. It’s an effective process that has to be carried out by a certified operator, using an approved machine.
So are you ready to get acquainted with an effective DIY remedy for unwanted facial hair? Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of cooked oatmeal
- Allow the cooked oatmeal to cool completely in a small bowl.
- Once cool, mix into it your 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the mixture on areas where unwanted facial hair can be found.
- Allow it to stay there for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and apply a thin layer of moisturizing cream.
- Repeat the application 2 to 3 times a week.