Try combining onion, olives, tomato, oregano, and feta cheese into creamy baked potatoes to create a low-calorie, low-fat nutritious salad. You may also add it in to a full meal by partnering it with red onions and fresh fruit for dessert.
This recipe only contains 211 calories, 225 milligrams of sodium and 4 grams-worth of fat. It can also be added to your weightloss diet because it contains 5 grams of fiber, 1044 milligrams of potassium, and 38 percent Vitamin C (based on the daily value).
Here’s what you would need:
• 4 Express Bake PotatOHs (to save time)
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 1 large vine-ripened tomato, seeded and diced (measured at around 1 cup)
• 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped black olives (about 4 pieces)
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Put into the microwave oven the Express Bake PotatOHs, on high temperature for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes become tender. Check if it is already tender using a fork. Once the potatoes are ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 3 minutes before removing the wrapper. Mix in the onion, olives, tomato, oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper into a small bowl. Afterwards, put this mixture atop the baked potatoes and sprinkle with feta cheese. Enjoy.
This easy recipe yields about 4 servings, takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes cooking time.