This yummy potato based dish is a great to serve in garden parties or hot summer day. It would make a great appetizer or side dish to a hearty meal. This recipe makes 6 serving, adjust the portions of the ingredients to increase or decrease servings.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
Basic Baked Potato
- 2 tablespoons lite bottled Italian vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan lightly.
Procedure for Baked Potato
- Wash the potato with a stiff brush and cold water. Dry the potato and poke in some hole through it using a fork.
- Place the potato in a bowl and lightly coat it with oil and kosher salt.
- Place the potato in the oven and for an hour.
- Slowly squeeze the potato to pop it open, be careful of the steam.
- Drizzle on some the Italian vinaigrette, walnuts and raisin.
- Add all the ingredients in the greased pan and bake with the potato. Watch until the vegetable are evenly roasted.
- Stir all the ingredients together and serve.
Add a little twist to this recipe by adding cheese and country ham. You can also add some bacon and cheddar cheese. Slice your ham or bacon into small pieces. Cook the pieces until crispy or brown. Add the ham or bacon on top of the newly baked potato and top with cheese.
This yummy recipe is easy to make and great for the holidays. The taste is very rich making it a great side dish to proteins like stake or lamb.