Who doesn’t like pizza? It’s aesthetically pleasing, easy to make and oh so delicious. Pizza has been given a bad reputation in the health and wellness community. Common pizzas in the market use sugar, rich in carbohydrate crust and fatty cheese. These ingredients aren’t exactly the healthiest. Pizza isn’t weight maintenance food either. If you’re trying to trim your waist pizza isn’t the best food for you. Thankfully, there are kind souls in the world that created a healthy version of pizza.
Here are a few famous healthy pizza recipes that you can try at home.
Bacon, Egg & Asparagus Pizza
- 3/4 cup sliced shallots
- 1 pound prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 pound asparagus, (2 inch pieces trimmed)
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and take a large baking sheet and spray on cooking oil.
- Roll out the dough to the size slightly smaller than of the baking sheet. Transfer the dough to the sheet and bake it for 8 minutes.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, remove excess oil. Cook the shallots in a pan until it turns brown, add in the asparagus and cook until it softens.
- Whisk the eggs together and add salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetable and bacon on top of the cooked crust. Pour the egg mixture on top and make sure that the egg won’t overflow from the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake everything for 8 to 10 minutes and serve.
White Pizza with Clams
- 1 pound prepared whole-wheat pizza dough
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 6-ounce cans chopped clams, rinsed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and apply cooking spray to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roll out the dough until it is close to the size of the baking sheet. Transfer the dough on top of the baking sheet.
- Place it in the oven and bake it until it turns golden brown and puffy. This will take approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the dough is baking mince your garlic and place it in a small bowl. Place pepper and oil in the small bowl and mix them together.
- When the crust is done baking remove it from the oven and sprinkle the garlic mixture evenly on top. Take your cheeses and mix them together and sprinkle all over your crust.
- Now, take you clams and scatter it on top of the cheese. Cut some onions to your desired size and sprinkle it on top.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese turns gooey and golden. It would take about 8 to 10 minutes to bake completely.
- Top the pizza off with parsley leave and serve.
You can serve up these easy and healthy pizza recipes for the family or enjoy it by yourself. Whichever you choose you’ll surely enjoy them without sacrificing your health.