Skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and the like can happen to anyone. These problems may be due to heredity, environment, stress, and even diet. Although there are several medications available such as topical creams and antibiotics to lessen the effects and to treat these disorders, they might come at a cost and there are side effects to worry about as well.
The good news is that there are other remedies that you can turn to and some of these are considered as natural remedies that come with minimal to no side effects. Here are some examples that you might want to try out.
- Drink filtered water. Our body tends to absorb various toxins from the air that we breathe, the food that we eat, and the liquids that we drink. Although water can help flush these toxins out through urine and sweat, filtering the water can prevent other chemicals from getting into your system.
- Chamomile. This herb has been used for centuries to treat various health problems from mouth problems like gingivitis and lesions, stomach upset, and of course, skin disorders. When chamomile is applied topically on the skin, it can treat rashes, hives, and sunburn just to name a few.
- Increase intake of fruits and vegetables. Another remedy to improve your skin’s condition is to increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables as they are among the best sources of vitamins and minerals that can protect you against diseases including skin problems. They contain antioxidants that combat toxins and free radicals so your skin will appear smooth and healthy.
- Comfrey. The leaves and roots of comfrey have always been used to treat bruises as well as cuts on the skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce rashes that are brought about by allergies, too much sun exposure, and the like. This herb can be applied topically but should not be applied three consecutive days.
- Stay away from food allergies. Food allergies can trigger rashes and other skin problems which is why it is important that you stay away from these ingredients if you want to keep your skin looking healthy. If you are not sure which foods trigger your allergies, you can do an elimination test to determine which foods you are allergic to. Among the common food allergens that can trigger skin reactions are gluten, eggs, peanuts, corn, and other additives.
- Cayenne. Red peppers contain cayenne which is found to be effective in treating various skin disorders. When combined with other herbs, cayenne can reduce inflammation and prevents bacteria from causing further damage. It can minimize pain when applied topically.
- Unsaturated fats. Another remedy to alleviate skin problems is to switch to foods that contain unsaturated fats such as seafood, olive oil, seeds, nuts, and avocado. Increasing your intake of these foods can actually boost your vitamin D levels as well as selenium, zinc, and other essential nutrients.
- Probiotics. It appears that eating foods containing probiotics such as fermented vegetables can actually prevent atopic dermatitis from occurring. The probiotics that are present in these foods promote a healthy tummy so that your digestion works properly. Having good digestion also plays a part in having good skin so it is important that you eat the right kinds of food.
These are just a few examples of natural remedies that can help treat and prevent various skin disorders. Regardless of whether you are prone to rashes, allergies, bumps, cuts, and bruises, following the tips mentioned above can do you a world of good. If you want to have beautiful, healthy skin make sure that you are eating healthy and that you give your skin the proper care.