You may think that buying a bra is easy. Think again. You have to consider these factors when purchasing this vital undergarment of every woman. That includes size, purpose, style and comfort. Keeping these factors in mind will make or break your entire look. So, invest in a good set of bras that will give a perfect lift to your bust.
Be guided by these three simple yet essential ways in choosing the right brassiere.
- Get your exact measurement.
Wearing an ill-fitting bra ruins your look and style as well as your breast. In addition, wrong bra size does not offer better breast support which leads you to discomfort. You may also suffer from different conditions such as back problems,muscle tension and headache. If you are unsure of your size, it is advisable to go to a professional fitter in a lingerie shop or department store to take the right measurements for you.
How to get the right bra size?
- Stand erect. Relax.
- Using a tape measure, get your size all the way around your body, then place the tape measure beneath your breasts. If your measurement falls under even number, add four to that number. If you get an odd number measurement, round it off to the next even number. That’s your band size.
- While wearing a bra, make a complete measurement around the fullest part of your breast (across the nipple) without pulling tight. Ensure that your tape measure goes around your entire back. Perform this activity in front of the mirror so you can check the tape measure is not slipping down in the back.
- Subtract the number from your band size. The result will determine you appropriate cup size, based on this guideline:
- Find a bra that better suit its purpose.
There are different kinds of bra suited for variety of wardrobe. Use sports bra if you are engaging in strenuous activities such as sports or workout. This kind of bra will prevent your breasts from shaking during these activities, hence, making it comfortable to wear. For daily wear, you can choose from light support bras, full support bras and push up bras.
- Light support bras have no underwire and are suitable for small-breasted women. They provide comfort for they are less constricting. However, light support bras look unflattering to wear under some wardrobe as it offers less shape to your breasts.
- Full support bras have underwires or plastic boning to hold your breast. These bras provide great chest support and are recommended for women with larger cup size. However, they can be worn by women of different breast sizes.
- Push up bras are designed to show and enhance cleavage appearance as they lift the breasts and add shape to them with the use of padding.
- Feel its Comfort
More than the style and appearance, comfort should always be a priority in finding the right bra. How will you know if you are wearing a comfortable bra, follow these guidelines:
- When putting your bra on, bend over and allow your breasts to fall naturally into the cups. Stand up slowly and adjust your bra. Place your hand to each breast and raise the nipple so it will be at the center of the cup. The center of the bra should lie flat against the breastbone. Ensure that there is no gap.
- Inspect the bra cups. Make sure that they are smooth and no appearance of wrinkles.
- Turn to the side and look in the mirror to check the back of the bra rest comfortably against the middle of your back. If it the back of the bra hikes up, it does not fit you correctly.
- The band should be placed comfortably on the loosest hook so when the band stretches, you can continue to tighten it.
Hence, the right bra for you should always be a perfect fitting one. If it does not fit properly, replace it with a new one.