We all want to lose weight especially after the holidays but even though our heart is in the right place, our approach to reducing excess fat has not really been that successful. Most of us opt for extreme dieting and HIITs to reduce calorie intake while burning our stores of fat. Unfortunately, because of the difficulty of the weight loss program that we are using, we don’t usually manage to stick with it for long periods of time. How then will you be able to achieve your desired weight? How about following these 5 weight loss tips recommended by the experts?
- Drink a glass of water. One reason why we tend to gain weight is that we confuse hunger with thirst. This is why health experts recommend that you pour yoursel a glass of water if you find yourself in the kitchen foraging for food. Drinking water not only helps flush toxins from your body but it will also trick your stomach to feeling full.
- Exercise. If you really want to see some improvement to your current weight, you will definitely need to include exercise in your daily regimen. Working out five days a week should be a good start to your road to weight loss. If this is your first time to workout, start with some basic moves first like planks, pushups, squats and the like then progress to the more difficult exercises.
- Reduce portions. Another trick to weight loss is to start reducing your portions when eating except when you’re eating vegetables. This is because vegetables contain important nutrients that are vital to your metabolism and overall health. If you are going to eat carbs and protein, reduce your portion for carbohydrates while increasing your protein intake.
- Say no to soda. Drinking soda or other sweetened beverages is not going to help you with your weight loss goals. As a matter of fact, they only increase your blood sugar levels which store fats in your body. What’s more, drinking this beverage can actually cause your insulin to spike so you will feel hungry all the time making you crave for food. Skipping soda and other sweetened drinks will help regulate your blood sugar levels so you can keep your hunger pangs at bay.
- Throw away your trigger foods. We all have that one or more foods that make us want to eat more. If you are bent on losing weight, it is important that you determine what your trigger foods are and remove them from your kitchen or fridge. This way, you won’t be tempted to reach for it because it is no longer on hand.
These are just a few weight loss tips that have been tried and tested by health gurus and were found to be effective in cutting down one’s excess weight. The good news is that it is never too late to start caring for your overall health especially your weight so you might want to keep these tips in mind.