The thyroid gland, which resembles a butterfly in form, is the largest endocrine gland. The easiest way to explain the importance of the thyroid gland in our body is to imagine it like a person in charge of the day to day operations of genes and cells. What would happen if the gland was to function lowly or the immune system was to behave wrongly?
A person would suffer from Hypothyroidism, a currently incurable silent epidemic. It is so because people who get this illness provide unclear descriptions to their unfavorable experience thus making it impossible for medical professionals to find the correct medicine for it. Hypothyroidism is when the immune system attacks the thyroid tissue.
Even though professionals have yet to find a precise cure, people who suffer from Hypothyroidism and can make use of natural ways to treat it.
• Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant which strengthens the immune system and also does a number of healing effects to Hypothyroidism. Foods like asparagus, broccoli, peaches, avocado, squash or raw eggs assist the body work up for more production of glutathione.
• Do NOT eat foods with gluten. It is a common mistake for people to eat foods with gluten but that really worsens the condition.
• Patients who suffer from Hypothyroidism experience a crippling fatigue which drives them to intake caffeine and sugar. This is another common mistake patients should avoid as caffeine and sugar burn out the thyroid gland.
• Patients must avoid eating foods they are allergic to or are forbidden to consume, as per the suggestion of a professional. Harmful foods increase the risks on the autoimmune response. Patients must also avoid tofu, soy, and energy bars that slow down cell receptors. Avoid goitrogens, too.
• The very sensitive thyroid gland is reactive to stress. Smile more often, try to have a more relaxing lifestyle and try not to get too stressed. Patients must also avoid adrenal fatigue.
• Eating nuts, herbivore animals, organic foods, and eggs provide the body with more protein, which transports thyroid hormone to every single tissue.
• Make it a point to eat nutritious foods especially those that supply copper, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamins A and B, iodine, and selenium. Also make sure that the body has sufficient supply of probiotics. In order to function, the thyroid gland depends on probiotics by a considerably high percentage.