Try out this healthier and lower calorie stuffed potato skin recipe on your next dinner. This delicious dish is easy to make and light on the wallet. This is a great side dish to white meats such as chicken and turkey. If you’re a lover of sweet potato this is the recipe you just have to try!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins Recipe:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 Express Bake Sweet Potato’s
- 3/4 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- After the sweet potatoes cook in the microwave, remove it and let it cool.
- When it is cool enough to the touch, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the insides of sweet potato and leave the skin
- Get a large bowl and place the sweet potato flesh, orange juice, pineapple and brown sugar.
- Mash all the ingredients together until it makes a paste.
- Spoon this paste into the skin of the sweet potato.
- Top it off with a few pieces of marshmallow.
- Place the stuffed sweet potato in the oven
- Let it bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let the marshmallow turn a little brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool
Serve this to your friends and family. Sweet potatoes are not only delicious but full of health benefits. Sweet potatoes are filled with nutrients and vitamin. A medium size spud of sweet potato has 400% of your daily value needs for vitamin A. It is also filled with potassium and fiber.
It can also help aid weight loss, prevent cancer, lower blood sugar, relieve symptoms of diabetes, promote fertility and boost immunity.