Asthma is a life threatening condition that affects millions of people. People who suffer from asthma experience a sudden tightness in the chest area and trouble breathing. It can be triggered by multiple factors.
• Animal Hairs
• Strong Emotions like anger and sadness
• Cold air
• Intense exercise
• And more
People with asthma often rely on medications to live their life regularly. Doctors are now recommending using herbal medicine with pharmaceutical medications to improve the condition. Herbs can help boost the immune system and help lessen the chances of an asthma attack.
Here are some herbs you can use for asthma:
• Found in North America
• Slippery Elm bark is known to cure different skin problems
• Slippery elm capsules, supplement and tea can prevent bronchial spasm.
• Is beneficial for people who suffer from respiratory conditions like cough and bronchitis
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
• Remove the symptoms of Asthma
• Has been used in traditional Chinese medicine
• Can cure common diseases like cold, coughs and flus
• Has antibacterial, antiseptic and astringent properties
• Is a natural antihistamine
• Fights of allergic reactions
• Stops asthma attacks
• Take three cups of tea a day for better results
Coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara)
• Used in curing coughs
• Used to cure asthma.
• Prevent serious respiratory problems like emphysema
• Has been used in curing asthma for centuries
• Is a natural anti-asthmatic herb
• Leave and flowers are used in creating pharmaceutical medicines for asthma
• Has anti-inflammatory and antihistamine components
• Can reduce asthma attacks coming from excessive exercise and allergies
• Can lessen the asthma sensitivity in sufferers
• Most well known as a memory and concentration enhancer
• One of the easiest to find remedy for asthma
• Garlic has properties that can remove asthma symptoms
• Lessens symptoms of cardiovascular disorders and respiratory ailments
• Is a high source of vitamin C
• Prostacyclin found in garlic clears the airway in the lungs
• Improve breathing condition of asthma sufferers
• Petasin found in butterbur prevents inflammation in the airway. Inflammation in the airway can cause asthma attacks.
• This plant is native in European countries
• Can prevent allergic reactions and stops allergens from affecting the body
• Is known to reduce asthma attacks by 90% percent
Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis)
• Is a natural anti-inflammatory herb
• Has antibacterial, antispasmodic and antiseptic components essential in reducing asthma attacks.
• Relieves stress
• Can cure respiratory infections (phlegm, bronchitis and lung problems)
• This herb should not be used regularly. Continued and long period of usage can cause toxicity.
• Can reduce inflammation in the airway
• Reduce asthma attacks
• Promotes healthy ling cell formation
• Used moderately. Excessive use can cause hypertension.
All these herbs can be found in the market. Always keep in mind the dosage and consumption of each herb. Before using these herbs, consult your doctor. Some herbs can affect your current medication for the better and some for the worse.