When the armpit’s lymph nodes swell, they form lumps. These lumps are painful and are an indication that your body is at war with an infection. In worst cases, it could also mean cancer. If the lumps aren’t going away, it is imperative that you consult a doctor.
First off, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
1. Deodorant and perfumes worsen the condition
2. Refrain from shaving armpit hair
3. If the lump has been there for more than a week, it’s time to consult a doctor
4. Do not manually pick the lump unless you have a weird fetish for pain
5. When cleaning the infected area, use lukewarm water
6. Avoid toiletries that belong to other people
7. If borrowing towel from someone else who has lumps, do not use it lest the infection spreads
1. Foods that are spicy and oily: Obviously, these foods cause the body to sweat and thus worsen the sweating in your underarms. There would be more bacteria than there already is. Avoiding these foods would make healing faster.
2. Hygiene: For obvious reasons, you must observe proper hygiene. Perhaps actually, you should double your efforts. There is nothing wrong with having to soap your entire body twice every shower session.
3. Avoid food triggers: There are certain foods that trigger and elevate the pain. Keep these in mind and make a note of which are the triggers so you can avoid them.
4. Contrasting baths: As you shower, alternate between the hot and cold. The hot water will make your blood circulator better while the cold water would relieve the pain of the lumps. Showering has never been this extra interesting.
5. Garlic: Garlic has a reputation for having anti-inflammatory properties. You can either eat it or rub a clove of garlic on the lump along with lukewarm water.
6. Charcoal: Buy flax seeds, activated charcoal and mix them with water to have yourself a gel. Put the gel on paper towels and leave it on the lumps to reduce inflammation and pain. If you do this hourly every day, you should be back to normal in just a short time.
7. Vitamin A: Papayas and carrots are rich in Vitamin A. Vitamin A quickens the healing and reduces lumps dramatically.
8. Reduce caffeine: Not only tea and coffee are the sources of caffeine, powdered chocolate drinks also. It would be safe if you would consume only fresh juices during the time that you have lumps. There is no valid explanation that links why caffeine is bad for lumps but it just is.
9. Turmeric: Thank to its antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, it eases the pain and lessens the swelling. Take a spoon of turmeric powder and mix it with a warm cup of milk, and drink.
10. Onion: All you have to do is juice the onion, and drink the juice. Enough said.
11. Nutmeg: Mix powdered nutmeg in hot water and drink to get rid of the painful lumps, bring down pain, and combat infection.
12. Lemon juice: Drinking a glass of fresh lemon juice treats lumps faster thanks to its anti inflammatory and Vitamin C.
13. Watermelon: Watermelon reduces the bacteria in the lump and detoxifies the blood. Drink a cold watermelon juice.
14. Vitamin E: Vegetables, milk, and fruits are good sources of Vitamin E. Lack of certain vitamins and proteins are main causes of skin problems, which Vitamin E can fill up.
15. Massage: To reduce discomfort and uncomfortable feeling, a gentle massage to the armpit would get the blood flow glowing and reduce swelling.
16. Warm water: Prepare hot water, and soak a thin cloth in it. Leave it on the armpit to reduce both lumps and pain.
17. Hydrate: Basically, water ensures the proper circulation of blood and allows necessary nutrition to fight the swelling.
However, do not panic. Having lumps does not automatically mean that you have cancer. As stated before, it could be just a simple swollen lymph nodes and that’s all there is to it.