Ear wax is a natural substance created in the ear to protect germs and dirt, from entering the ear. Though there are instances that our ear will produce too much ear wax. Ear wax build-up can cause dizziness, itching in the ear, hearing loss and discomfort.
Impacted Ear happens when ear wax build-up is pushed further inside by cotton buds or other sharp objects like Bobby pins.
Symptoms of Impacted Ear:
- Fullness or plugged sensation
- Decreased hearing
- Itching of the ear canal
- Ringing in the ear
- Discharge from the ear canal
There are a lot of ways to remove ear wax. There are medical procedures you can do if the buildup is severe, but when the build-up is minor there are easy home remedies you can do. These remedies can be found at home and easy to do. These remedies will soften the wax and make it easy to remove.
Homeopathic Ear Wax Removal
- Find homeopathic ear drops in your local drug store.
- This drop will relieve irritation from chronic ear blockage and soften hard ear wax.
- Add Equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide. (Hydrogen peroxide must be below 3%)
- Lay down on your side and drop a few in your ear.
- Let the solution sit for a minute or two.
- Turn to your side and let the solution leak out of your ear.
- Repeat process on the other side.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of salt into a half cup water (warm).
- Use a dropper or a cotton ball to drop a few of the solution into the ear.
- Lay on your side while doing this.
- Leave the solution on for 2 minutes.
- Turn to your side to drain the solution.
- Repeat the process on the other ear.
- Baby oil will soften the ear wax making the impacted ear easier to remove
- Simply drop a little baby oil/ mineral oil with a dropper into both ears and cover the ear with a cotton ball to prevent it from leaking.
- Leave in the oil for a few minutes, let the earwax absorb the oil.
- Glycerin will also do the trick.
- Like baby oil, olive oil can soften the ear wax making it easier to come out of the ear.
- Use a dropper and put two to three drops of olive oil into the ear before bedtime.
- Do this three to four times a week if you have excessive ear wax blockage.
- Warm up clean water and pour into the ear.
- Leave it in for a few seconds, then drain.
Vinegar and Rubbing Alcohol Solution
- Mix together a tablespoon of rubbing alcohol and a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Use a cotton ball to drop a few in the clogged ear.
- This solution will soften the wax and lessen irritation due to blockage.
Try out these easy home remedies! If condition does not improve after using these remedies go to seek medical advice.