You shouldn’t be frightened with the numerous steps that you need to follow to create this super easy recipe as it’s almost impossible to ruin this dish. Edamame, which is high in protein and antioxidants, is perfect as tapenade for the bruschetta. You can prepare this recipe earlier and just store in your refrigerator to be served later. These vibrant and beautiful looking finger foods are guaranteed to be a hit in your party.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make your Edamame Bruschetta:
• 3 cloves of garlic
• A small handful or three tablespoons worth of parsley
• Fresh ground pepper
• 10 to 12 slices of Italian Rustic Bread Loaf or you can substitute Ciabatta or French Bread
• Rosemary or thyme to be used as garnish
• 1 ½ cups of frozen or fresh Edamame beans
• A heaping teaspoon of thyme, make sure it’s fresh
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 4 tablespoons of olive oil to be used as drizzling
Here are the steps you need to follow to make your Edamame Bruschetta.
1. Boil a small pot of water using high heat. Add garlic cloves and let them cook for a minute.
2. The next to add on the list are the edamame beans. Cook them for a minute. The water will reduce its temperature for a bit when you use frozen edamame. This is not a problem as you only need to blanche the beans. If you’re going to use fresh or room temperature edamame beans, simply boil it for 30 seconds instead of a full minute. Drain it into a blender or food processor.
3. Toss in parsley, pepper, salt, olive oil, and thyme and process the ingredients or blend them until they become smooth with some chunks remaining. Your tapenade should be smooth so you can spread them on your bread and with that crumbly texture to simulate the edamame beans.
4. Place the tapenade mixture made from edamame in a bowl and set aside.
5. Drizzle some olive oil on your bread slices and place them in a flat pan on cook them on medium high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes for each side. This should be done in batches. You can also bake your bread by drizzling some olive oil on them then arrange them on a baking sheet and pop the baking sheet in the oven set in 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until your bread turns light golden brown.
6. To serve the bruschetta, simply arrange them in a platter and lightly smear your edamame tapenade on top. Add a sprinkling of rosemary or thyme on top. Serve them immediately.