The smell of apple cider may put you off and the thought of having it in your face is daunting, but apple cider vinegar is a god sent to our faces!
ACV or Apple cider vinegar comes from fermented apple juice. The AVC you should use in your face are the organic, raw, unpasteurized and unfiltered versions. These kinds don’t contain a strong smell. AVC contains bacteria, enzymes, minerals and pectin essential to beautiful skin.
Here are a few benefits to convince you:
Remove Age Spots
- AVC has components that remove dead skin cells from the face; it also helps rejuvenate the skin making it look healthier and clearer. Add diluted apple cider vinegar on your age spots with a cotton ball; massage the area with the cotton ball in circular motion. Let the product sit for 30 minutes and rinse off. DO this twice a day to see a significant difference in your age spots.
Fight Acne and Pimples
- Malic acid form during fermentation of ACV, this acid gives the vinegar it’s anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. The vinegar removes buildup in the pores and helps prevent breakout and acnes. It will also prevent blackheads from forming in the skin. ACV will also remove excess oil and balance the pH balance of the skin.
How to use ACV as a Facial Cleanser:
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with water. Apply it on the skin to remove grease and dirt.
- Create your own ACV toner by adding equal parts vinegar and water and a spritz of essential or fruit oil.
- You can store DIY apple cider vinegar for a few months. Mix the product before using.
- Before applying it all over your face, do a patch test! Apply on the back of the ear or under the chin. If you experience itchiness and irritation, don’t apply it on your face.
- Use a cotton ball to apply on the face. Adding pressure on the skin can cause it to sting.
- Rinse of the ACV after five minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used all over the body too.
- Moisturize after using apple cider vinegar. Coconut oil and jojoba oil are great for the skin after an ACV treatment.
Famous Hollywood stars have been using apple cider vinegar in their regular beauty regimen for decades. Instead of using expensive creams and toners they opted for this tried and tested all natural beauty remedy. Give your skin a Hollywood treatment and give apple cider vinegar a try.