For those who look forward to a sumptuous yet healthy low carb breakfast, here are some you can try. These delicious recipes will also help you lose pounds, boost energy, and crush cravings.
1. Spiced Banana-Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are a great way to start the day or for as an energy boosting snack!
- 2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1.25 c. whole wheat flour
- 0.50 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 0.75 tsp. baking soda
- 0.50 tsp. salt
- 0.50 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp. ground ginger
- 1.25 c. mashed banana
- 1 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 18 muffin-pan cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flour, sugar, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. In medium bowl, stir together bananas, buttermilk, oil, and egg. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture. Divide among 18 cups in muffin pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers of muffins comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Drizzle tops with chocolate.
2. South of the Boarder Breakfast Wrap
Take this wrap on the go for those busy mornings.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 0.25 tsp. chili powder
- 1 large Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Tortilla
- 0.25 c. grape tomatoes
- 0.17 ripe avocado
- In medium bowl, whisk egg, egg white, cilantro, chili powder, and 0.125 teaspoon salt.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet on medium, cook egg mixture 3 minutes or until almost set, stirring frequently.
- Place tortilla on large plate. Cover with damp paper towel; microwave 30 seconds on high.
- Add eggs to tortilla along with tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro leaves, if desired.
3. Fruity Yogurt Parfait
Start your day with a colorful, healthy dish.
- 1 c. frozen mixed berries
- 0.66 c. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed
- 0.13 tsp. vanilla extract
- 0.50 kiwi
- 0.25 c. blueberries
- 3 tbsp. Kind Healthy Grains Fruit & Nut Clusters
- In food processor or blender, pulse frozen berries, yogurt, flaxseed, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to bowl; top with kiwi, blueberries, and Fruit & Nut Clusters.
4. Wild Rice and Spinach Egg Bowl
Bring whole grains and fresh greens to the breakfast table.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 container Minute Rice Multi-Grain Medley
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat on medium. To 1 side, add egg; cook 3 minutes. Sprinkle egg with 0.125 teaspoon black pepper. Then, to other side of skillet, add spinach, and pinch salt.
- Cover; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts and egg white sets.
- Heat rice as label directs; top with spinach, then egg.